Proclaim the Gospel to All Creatures


January 25, 2021, Monday
FEAST OF THE CONVERSION OF SAINT PAUL, APOSTLE (White)
CYCLE B - YEAR I
RDGS: ACTS 22:3-16 or ACTS 9:1-22/ PS 117:1. 2
GOSPEL: MK 16:15-18

Jesus appeared to the Eleven and said to them:
"Go into the whole world
and proclaim the Gospel to every creature.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved;
whoever does not believe will be condemned.
These signs will accompany those who believe:
in my name they will drive out demons,
they will speak new languages.
They will pick up serpents with their hands,
and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them.
They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

GOSPEL REFLECTION:

Today we celebrate the conversion of Saint Paul. On the road to Damascus, Saul is encountered by the Lord and undergoes a radical conversion. Saul, the former instrument of fear, terror and persecution, becomes Paul, the chosen instrument of God. His life task now is to bring the good news of God’s reconciling love to those who know nothing about it.

PRAYER:

Lord, I too am chosen by you as your ambassador. This brings me closer to you. You trust me to be the Good News in the present tense. Let me spot the signs of your presence as I try to do this.