The Fullfillment Of The Law

March 10, 2021, Wednesday
Wednesday of the Third Week of Lent (Violet)
CYCLE B -YEAR I
RDGS: DT 4:1. 5-9/ PS 147:12-13. 15-16. 19-20
GOSPEL: MT 5:17-19


Jesus said to his disciples:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.
I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.
Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away,
not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter
will pass from the law,
until all things have taken place.
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments
and teaches others to do so
will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven.
But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments
will be called greatest in the Kingdom of heaven."


GOSPEL REFLECTION:

Jesus teaches by word and action, by saying and doing. His example of life is our guide and our encouragement. There is a link between what we say and what we do, and when this link is strong, we are strong in the kingdom of God. We are ‘to walk it as we talk it'. Sincerity and integrity of life are what we are called to.

I ask God to continue to bless me and to lead me into the wisdom that Jesus had. I pray in respect for all who teach the faith that has come to us from the apostles.


PRAYER:

I think of all those who have taught me, calling to mind the people who have helped me to understand God’s ways. I give thanks to them and ask for a blessing. I pray that I may be such a person for those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment